2 Landed Craft In Northwest Territories

2 Landed Craft In Northwest Territories

Date: August - 1947

Location: Hay River, Northwest Territories, Canada

In August a veteran R.C.M.P. officer who had headed detachments in the Northwest Territories and northern Alberta was in his detachment in Hay River in late August of 1947 when 2 men walked into his office.

One was the commanding officer for the northern region and the other was introduced only as Charlie, who was an officer in the U.S.A.F.

He was told he was to go on a top secret mission to retrieve instruments from 2 craft about 140 miles northwest of Great Slave Lake.

A jeep with special balloon tires was to arrive the next day.

He was to get gas and provisions and supplies for a week.

He was told he and Officer Charlie might have to walk the last 30 miles to the locations.

He was sworn never to mention this assignment for 7 years.

He told this story in 1954.

They started out and moved through bush roads and then onto the tundra.

The American plotted their course with an instrument which was much more sophisticated than a compass.

The officer had plotted 2 circles on the map and he said they were the location of UFOs.

They left at night so as not to broadcast their departure.

This instrument was so designed that it kept them on course to within 2°.

If the terrain led them a bit off course they had to reverse until the lines evened up so to speak.

The jeep had been redesigned to 20 miles an hour top speed.

They made good time.

Finally using his bearings and the speedometer reading and a slide rule, he said they were within 30 miles from #1.

2 hours later they came upon a swath in the scrub and low Arctic trees.

They went North 5 miles and came upon a large object.

It was 40' across and had a large horseshoe shape cut out of the rear and 6 exhaust pipes protruded.

The craft was described as a huge saucer.

It took 4 hours to unbolt some instruments from the interior after the officer opened a steel flap door with a key.

Inside the flap in black letters was U.S.A.F.

They ate and had a short sleep and then proceeded another 20 miles across the tundra and came across #2 and the same procedure took place.

When the officer finished removing the equipment and stowing it in the jeep he told the policeman to drive off a bit and he placed an explosive in the craft.

15 minutes later driving South they were jolted by a blast and almost immediately heard a tremendous explosion.

Proceeding to #1, the officer placed a second charge and blew it to smithereens.

They returned to Hay River on the 4th day.

The policeman said he was not allowed to take a camera and the officer took one roll of film of each craft.

Later the R.C.M.P. officer received an ambiguous letter thanking him for his services.

All he learned from the officer was that the two craft had been launched from a secret test field East of Los Angeles, and were operated by remote control, had a speed of 600 mph, about twice the speed of a jet fighter in those days, and had enough fuel for 6 hours.

The policeman said the flights had been recorded, and that is how they knew where to go so precisely.

The officer told him that many knew of the craft, but this test was at a second level of intelligence.

It seems probable that the test craft would be directed North into an area of tundra which would provide a soft landing, and also far from any human habitation.

Any other compass point would have landed them in the ocean, inhabited country or jungle where they might never be found.

Common sense tells one that these were not flying saucers, as such but some American military experiment, possibly to be used for surveillance but they were unmanned and therefore would have no combat use.

It probably was an outrageous waste of taxpayer money as the second generation of high speed jet planes were already in the works and would make them useless.

| Home | About Us | Directory of Directories | Recent Additions | Top 10 Pages | Stories |