Moriches Bay UFO Retrieval

Moriches Bay UFO Retrieval

Date: September 28, 1989

Location: Dune Area of Smith's Point Beach near the entrance to Moriches Bay, Long Island, NY

The Long Island UFO Network, Inc., a non profit research organization based on Long Island, announces to the media of the Metropolitan area and the Nation that we have evidence that on September 28, 1989 the United States Armed Forces attempted to recover a disabled, or landed UFO. The incident occured on the Dune Area of Smith's Point Beach near the entrance to the Moriches Bay.

Military and Suffolk County Police Helicopters were involved in an apparent attempt to monitor the craft on the Beach. A second object estimated to be 574' to a 1000' long was observed hovering over the Bay. It was composed of six tremendously large lights.

The 6 helicopters were composed of four military helicopters and two Suffolk County Police Helicopters. These helicopters surrounded the large object, referred to as a mother ship, in a circular rotation passing around this object in a counter clockwise flight, the helicopters would then fly over the second downed object in the dunes.

As this manuever was completed, the area would be illuminated by the helicopters searchlights in an attempt to illuminate what was on the ground.

Long Island UFO Network, Inc. has interviewed the eyewitnesses to this event. The family lives in Center Noriches Long Island. The husband, wife, and their adult son observed the large object from their backyard in response to military helicopter overflights of their home.

The husband and son drove to the Union Ave. dock and for 2½ hours observed the operation.

The witnesses described the operation to our investigators under the provision their identities and address be held in the strictest confidentiality. For their protection they were interviewed on tape under fictitious identities and addresses. The husband's taped interview is available to the media for examination with permission of thewitness.

There exists 48 photographs of this occurence taken by the eyewitnesses. They have been impounded by LIUFON for scientific evaluation. As soon as tests are finished they will be presented to the public on the Joel Martin Cable TV Show on cablevision at a date to be announced. We call upon the FAA, Suffolk County Police and the United States Government to comment on this. Did they have UFO's over Moriches Bay on Sept. 28, 1989 between 8:45 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. and were they monitoring it? LIUFON demands to know, the public demands to know and the World demands to know.

The Long Island UFO Network has publicly stated since October 1995, that a major UFO incident occurred over Moriches Bay off the South Shore of Long Island. At the time, this body of water and its adjoining communities were experiencing the highest volume of UFO activity reported in Suffolk County.

Its founder, John Ford, maintains that the United States Government, through the actions of its armed forces and intelligence community, intercepted and retrieved an alien spacecraft from Moriches Bay on 28 September 1989. He also claimed the action was a carefully planned and executed operation meticulously formulated some six months in advance.

The purpose of this action was to bring down an alien spacecraft, described as a triangular wedge shaped craft measuring some 574' across at its widest point. This was to enable the United States to retrieve its technology and propulsion drive system.

Beginning in 1982, the counties of Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Duchess and Westchester in this upstate region were inundated with some 5,000 reports of large boomerang shaped flying objects. Some of the early 1983 reports recorded low altitude observations made both at night and by day. One object buzzed hundreds of witnesses over major parks and highways.

Descriptions of these objects varied from a large boomerang shape illuminated by intense lights, to a large object which displayed a circle pattern of lights on its underside followed by a single point of light on its outermost extension.

July 24, 1984, a man and his wife videotaped a large object outside their home in New York which showed a circular light formation from an unknown object. Subsequent analysis of the footage revealed a dark mass behind the formation. On June 14, 1986, a cross shaped UFO was videotaped by a New York resident and declared genuine by the Long Island group.

In October 1987, Stout, in his capacity as a Road Site Inspector for the town of Brookhaven, came across the mutilated remains of a young heifer on Long Island. The precise, almost surgical wounds matched those of other animals whose deaths had been widely reported elsewhere in the United States, predominantly by TV journalist Linda Moulton Howe, who has done more than anyone to bring the strange animal mutilation enigma to the forefront of public and media attention.

Confirmation that this was of the same ilk came from an investigator of the Suffolk County District Attorney's office who stopped to question Stout at the scene and ask why he should be there. The man confirmed that his office were looking into the matter.

Through late January and early February of 1988, Suffolk's South Shore witnessed strange mutilations of dogs, cat, sheep, deer, goats and cows. Reports flooded in of mutilated animals that had been drained of blood.

John Ford discovered that the Federal Government, with the assistance of government scientists, the FBI and local police officers, were acting as one with the District Attorney's office in determining the likely cause of the mutilations. Shortly after, the 42nd Aviation Battalion, New York State National Guard, began holding night exercises in areas where mutilations and UFO activity had been reported.

In the summer of 1982, a well known psychiatrist and his wife were followed in their car by a luminous oval shaped object.

On 26 December 1982, a woman reported observing a large object over her house. It was so big she couldn't see the end of it. She claimed to have seen metal plates and rivets.

Around that time, Stout and family member observed a large oval shaped object over Moriches Bay illuminated by three amber lights. He alleged it was chased into a cloud by an USAF C-130 aircraft.

Throughout 1983-84, numerous UFO reports were made of an object seen near Shoreham Nuclear Power Station.

On August 13, 1995, a large circular object buzzed Port Washington displaying multi faceted light patterns. The domed saucer was estimated to be some 2,000' in diameter and caused a minor panic as it floated away over Main Street and out over the bay.

Some of the incidents led to electric generating system disturbances.

In September 1986, a dark object hovered over a pick up truck, completely immobilizing the vehicles electrics. Homes in central Moriches experienced total power failures.

On December 27, 1987, a large oval shaped object with 6 amber lights zig zagged down a main highway. Motorists were able to keep pace with the object because of its slow speed and low altitude.

On September 13, 1987, a 36' diameter oval shaped object was seen to land adjacent to a farmhouse by the owners son.

Then, on January 24, 1989, LIUFON researchers received reports of further landings. A team spent some time at a farm where circular trace marks had been left in the ground. In the inner part of the circle, grass chlorophyll had been destroyed and tests offered no natural explanation as to the cause. Chemicals were also ruled out. Soil in the immediate vicinity revealed very low levels of nutrients and once again no explanation was forthcoming after tests. The investigating team suspected that members of the farming family might have experienced some form of abduction experience, if that were true, the visitors would be back. The team positioned photo electric cells around the family's living quarters. Sometime later a 32' diameter oval shaped object attempted to land in the grounds of the farm. Somehow this triggered the alarms and awoke the family who saw the craft. This incident was independently witnessed by a person across the road from the farmers property.

During 1988, John Ford and his colleagues responded to countless reports from worried parents whose children kept seeing monsters in their bedroom late at night. Tests in some of the homes revealed unusual levels of low intensity radiation and magnetic anomalies. When questioned, children described and drew some of the monsters, in every case they were grey skinned creatures with big, black eyes.

As abduction reports increased beyond the average, so too did sightings of military helicopter activity in Long Island itself.

According to Ford, the scientist confided that he and his colleagues at Brookhaven were aware that we, planet Earth, were being watched from the sky.

But, said the scientists, the US Government was watching them.

The man claimed to Ford that the United States had the ability through its array of orbiting satellites to read the propulsion system of these unknown craft and track them.

On Sunday, September 24, 1989, Bruce and Martha Richardson were in their privately owned cabin cruiser moored in the Moriches Bay Yacht Centre when they saw a flight of dark green Huey US Army helicopters approach from the east. As they roared over the bay they formed a single line formation and then began to fly in a counter clockwise flight rotation around the bay and over the dune area of Smiths Point Beach. This lasted for approximately one hour before the helicopters left the area in a westerly heading.

The local Government of Suffolk County, New York, through the office of the County Executive, announced in late August 1989 that the Smiths Point Beach County Camp grounds would be closed early.

They explained their reasons for the closure, the first of its kind in 18 years, was due to purely financial considerations in what had been a crisis budgetary year for the County. Campers and surfers who would normally have kept the beaches open until late October in what was a cheap Autumn break, were not amused. Their anger was reflected in local newspapers throughout Suffolk County, to no avail. There would be no campers or surfers present on the night of September 28, 1989 to witness events unfold in Moriches Bay.

That year, NASA was set to resume launches of the Space Shuttle in the wake of the ill fated Challenger disaster. All of the United States news media had reported on the unique training undertaken at West Hampton by the New York National Guard Air/Sea Rescue Unit based at West Hampton.

A major contract had been awarded by NASA to this unit to perform the function of rescuing Shuttle astronauts in the event their craft went down off the East Coast of the Moriches Bay area. It was major news for Long Island residents and television pictures of the unit training at sea were screened across the country.

Richard Stout, co founder of the Long Island UFO Network, lived in Centre Moriches, some 12 blocks from the bay. When the organisation was formed, members invested in several thousand dollars of research tools. They acquired low light photographic and video equipment, along with telephoto lenses. Early that September, his home was burglarized and all the equipment was stolen. The thief has never been caught.

On the evening of September 28, 1989, residents within a 12 block radius of Moriches Bay reported that cable TV and electricity supplies were periodically failing. No satisfactory explanation has ever been provided to explain the power loss.

Some residents then saw strange lights over the bay which at first they took to be parachute flares dropped by the military on some sort of exercise. Only when the flares continued to hover and refused to descend into the waters below did they realise they belonged to something else.

Mrs. McLaughlin was a young housewife with two young boys and with her husband lived in the Kings Park area of Suffolk County. That afternoon the boys had returned from school and were watching TV in the den. Mrs. McLaughlin was preparing dinner and cleaning up around the house when she suddenly heard the boys call out and ask her to come to the back window. Seemingly, one of the boys had seen two large objects hovering in the sky outside and had called his brother to come and look. They watched the objects for some time before shouting for their mother to join them. Mrs. McLaughlin joined her sons at the window and was amazed by the sight of two large objects that appeared to just hang motionless in the sky.

She later told LIUFON investigators that she remained baffled by what she saw. The objects were approximately 1½ miles away, very large and triangular in shape. She couldn't see any engines, wings, lights or windows, but their surface appeared jet black and smooth.

Interestingly, she said that during the observation, one of the objects had moved closer to the other craft, but achieved this at staggering speed, in no more than a second.

At exactly 7:10 p.m. a young aerospace engineer in Long Island reported seeing a half circle of very bright amber lights some distance away. Watching through binoculars, he was convinced he saw a large structure connected to the lights. After watching it hover for several minutes, it later moved off slowly in a northerly direction. Shortly after, and some 30 miles to the north, motorists driving on the Interstate Highway watched a large dark mass with 6 to 8 very bright amber lights moving overhead. Witnesses said later that the object made no sound and was larger than a football field.

Mrs. P.G. and her 15 year old son were driving home on the Long Island Expressway after visiting friends in the Calverton area. This adjoins farmland and woods that stretch out among the urban sprawl. As they travelled east both noticed 6 very bright amber lights, much bigger than car headlights, close to a nearby field but suspended in the sky. As the road took them closer she saw the lights belonged to a very large triangular shaped craft that was silhouetted against the night sky. She said the craft was as big as two football fields but assumed it was some sort of experimental aircraft from the nearby Calverton test facility.

UFO reports then began to emanate from the Hartford area and at 8:10 p.m., workers at Hartford International Airport observed a large boomerang shaped object hovering above an unused tarmac area of the airfield. As they watched in disbelief, they saw a blue beam of light come from the object and strike the ground beneath where it maintained its position and brilliance. All were then stunned to see 5 creatures glide down the beam to the ground. Reportedly, some of the airport workers chased the creatures but the beam lifted them back to safety.

One of the eye witnesses later spoke with Phil Imbrogno of LIUFON about the incident, but only on the strict understanding that his identity would remain totally confidential. He said that he and the rest of those workers who had seen everything had been warned by officials from the Federal Aviation Authority to keep totally silent. The man said that the object was boomerang shaped, larger than a football field and had 6 amber lights.

Paul Peterson was watching television when he suddenly noticed some strange amber lights through his French windows overlooking Moriches Bay. They gradually appeared in sequence, from one to 6, and were unnaturally brilliant as they illuminated the night sky. He then heard a loud noise above his home so went outdoors to see a number of large, dark green Sikorsky helicopters in formation flying low over some trees in an arc before heading out over the bay in the direction of the lights. Paul was quickly joined by his wife to watch the spectacle. They estimated each of the amber lights to be approximately 60' - 80' across. After a couple of minutes, Paul dashed indoors to grab his camcorder to record the event. However, because of the brilliance of the lights he had difficulty in focusing, but needed to be sure he was recording something. He rushed back inside once again and routed the camcorder through his VCR to play back mode. He was stunned when the TV flickered into life and the strange amber lights were totally absent from the screen, the only thing that had been recorded was the sound of helicopters.

Not to be outdone, Paul dug out his instamatic camera and a spare roll of film and with his son, drove to the dock side a short distance away. His wife was too nervous to accompany them. When they reached the dock side, father and son saw a pair of amber lights hovering 50' - 100' above the water some 300 yards away from the shore. Before long, the lights became 6 in number, their brilliance illuminating the whole bay. A searchlight from a Suffolk County Police helicopter then appeared and it was quickly joined by the Sikorsky's.

Then the stunned witnesses saw an intense bluish/white light that lit up the beach and sand dunes near the Moriches Inlet. The circling helicopters moved towards this area and seemed to paying particular attention to what appeared to be some kind of structure behind the light source. At one stage, this light became so intense that Paul and his son had to look away. Throughout this period of time, Moriches Bay was rocked by a strange and powerful wind.

From 11:15 p.m. everything suddenly went quiet and the lights disappeared. Ten minutes later though the lights and helicopters reappeared over the bay. They remained visible until midnight, when everything went quiet again.

Unknown to Paul, another family nearby had watched the event in its entirety, but with one important difference. Because of their vantage point, they had made out two huge triangular shaped objects hovering over the bay. They said each was the size of an airliner, but performed aerial maneuvers beyond the capability of any aircraft known to them.

Paul is a former Vietnam Airborne Ranger with combat experience. He told investigators that the lights were not flares and remains convinced that he and his son were witnesses to a UFO incident.

The West Hampton Air Guard facility alerted the Drug Enforcement Agency, DEA, they had a large unidentified aircraft on their scope over Moriches Bay. Fearing the unregistered flight pointed to a drug smuggling operation, they requested a special DEA intercept team of agents be dispatched from Manhattan to investigate.

A helicopter took off carrying a heavily armed team of agents with instructions that once located, the suspicious aircraft should be ordered to land at Brookhaven Airport for inspection.

As the helicopter approached the Nassau/Suffolk County border, the pilot was informed that the DEA's authority to operate over Moriches Bay had been suspended due to an on going USAF operation in the area.

In fact, all airspace over Moriches Bay was closed to civilian air traffic. The helicopter pilot, possibly urged on by his hastily assembled passengers, sought further clarification. However, he was told that if he attempted to enter the area, they would be prevented from doing so. The pilot had no alternative but to turn around and head back to Manhattan.

This information came from two very confidential sources. Disclosure of their identities would, according to John Ford, do their future career prospects no good at all. One source overheard a conversation and the other was involved in logging flight plans with the Federal Aviation Authority.

Kathy O'Donnelly works as a secretary for a real estate and insurance office and on September 28, had been working late until 9:00 p.m. 30 minutes into her southerly drive home on the Sunrise Highway, she saw 6 to 8 very bright amber-coloured lights above and behind her car. She continued to watch the light as they gradually appeared to descend in altitude to almost tree top height. They appeared to be keeping pace with her vehicle but were so bright they illuminated its interior. Frightened and confused, she accelerated and eventually came to the turn off which took her closer to home. Kathy arrived in her drive and before drawing to a stop sounded her car horn repeatedly. Her husband and a friend, hurried outside to see what the commotion was about. All 3 were soon staring at the sky across the street beyond a nearby potato farm, there were the strange amber lights which had described moments before. Only a minute had passed before the lights disappeared in the distance, heading out toward Moriches Bay.

Frank D. lives near the shoreline of Moriches Bay. He is a New York State officer employed by the Nassau County District Court. He claimed that around midnight, he had driven to the shoreline to numerous parachute flares he had observed being dropped by helicopters and C-130 aircraft.

In subsequent statements released by the USAF and Coastguard, no reference is made to the dropping of flares.

Anonymous Witness - Moriches Bay 12:30 a.m. September 29, 1989

A person who wished to remain anonymous told LIUFON investigators that he had a heard a loud splash over Moriches Bay at approximately 12:30 a.m. while out walking near the shore. At 12:45 a.m. he saw helicopters hovering in the middle of the bay. They appeared to be interested in something which was in the water.

John D. - Quoque 2:30 a.m. September 29, 1989

John D.'is a commodities broker on Wall Street. He too sought confidentiality before revealing anything with LIUFON investigators.

Although he resides in Bay Bridge, Brooklyn, every weekend, during spring to late Autumn, he spent time with his sister and her family who live in Quoque. Their home is less than a quarter of a mile from south of the main runway at West Hampton Air Guard facility.

At approximately 2:30 a.m., the noise of helicopter engines forced him from his bed to stare out of the second floor bedroom window. At tree top level, two large military helicopters were headed for the runway. Cables were slung underneath, but the trees obscured his view of precisely what they were carrying. In the distance he saw the helicopters hover over the runway while men below saw their cargo safely lowered to the ground. The whole operation took some 45 minutes.

George Dickson is an amateur anthropologist and independent UFO investigator in his own right. On October 4, 1989, George contacted John Ford and the LIUFON to inform them that he had been given information about a UFO incident which had taken place over Moriches Bay just a few days before.

George said the information came from an impeccable source, an Air Force Colonel attached to Air Force Intelligence at the Pentagon. It was the Colonel who confided in George that a UFO had been intercepted and brought down on September 28, 1989, over Moriches Bay by a Star Wars weapon. George was told that the UFO had crashed into sand dunes where it was subsequently retrieved. The Colonel also claimed to have told him that 18 US personnel had been killed during the operation when those on board the craft retaliated.

George said the Colonel spoke of some form of low frequency sound wave which destroys the molecular cohesiveness of known matter. He also revealed that some of the fatalities included people who had proven psychic abilities to communicate with the occupants and any survivors, if required. George refused to reveal the name of his source and has stuck by this, and the story, to this day.

John Ford was approached by a man who claimed to be a friend and close confidant of a scientist who was involved in the Moriches Bay incident. He was told that the scientist was prepared to discuss the matter with him, but only on his terms and only when things had cooled down. Ford and his colleagues agreed that this would be the basis for any interviews and a continuation of dialogue.

Late one Sunday evening in April 1990, Ford finally met with the scientist alone, known only as Dr. Nick. A second meeting took place in August of that year. The man insisted that none of the interviews be tape recorded and his true identity never revealed under any circumstances.

Ford was allowed to make written notes however, a task later undertaken in August by Kay Ford, secretary and treasurer to the LIUFON organisation, who was permitted to sit on the second interview. At both meetings, Dr. Nick stated that the United States had intercepted and brought down a wedged or boomerang shaped UFO over Moriches Bay on the night of September 28, 1989.

His revelations are listed as:

He was present along with other members of his engineering team at the incident itself. The crash occurred around midnight or a little afterwards.

He had been involved in the study of crashed UFOs on behalf of the US Government since the 1970's.

He was first employed to study the electrics of recovered UFOs at S-3, an underground facility housed at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. It was here, he alleged, that retrieved UFOs are stored.

His study of one such craft had convinced him their technology was far in advance of anything known on Earth.

That technology was crystalline based, from which came focusing elements used in their propulsion drive mechanism. The crystals helped tune frequencies which enabled the antigravity drive system to work. Those crystals performed a similar function to our micro chips.

Aliens were visiting our planet to discover all that they could about our electronics and how we use and apply the electron in everyday use. Their goal appeared to be to learn how to fuse both technologies into one.

The weapon used to bring down the craft was developed and built at A.I.L. Electronics on Long Island with funds allocated by the S.D.I., Strategic Defence Initiative.

He and his engineering colleagues developed circuits used in the Doppler Radar System while he was personally responsible for constructing the transmitter.

According to John Ford, Dr. Nick took great pride in talking about the transmitter. He told Ford it was: His baby that did the job.

The Doppler Radar System had been used because it could bend at 90° in order to penetrate the craft's plasma field which surrounded its frame.

A weapons test had been conducted 5 weeks before the Moriches Bay incident at Fort Meade, Maryland. A previously recovered craft some 60' across had been suspended in a secure hangar. The test proved successful as the craft fell in an instant onto huge inflatable cushions laid on the ground below to absorb its impact.

The craft brought down in Moriches Bay had been tracked for months because of its repeated sorties over the Long Island area.

This was only part of a confrontation which had been on going for the past 5 years after a fall out between the US Government and the aliens when an existing treaty had been terminated. Hostilities had not begun in earnest, but this was now an adversary condition.

He did not know what had happened to the wreckage or how it was removed from the scene. He did not know of any fatalities, but when told there had been a report that eighteen people had been killed, he thought the figure remarkably low in the circumstances.

A number of alien bodies had been recovered and sent to Brookhaven Laboratories. He was certain of this because a number of his colleagues had seen them. He said: This was a grey's ship, it is they who are our adversaries.

What credence one can attach to these fairly elaborate claims imparted by Dr. Nick is totally dependent on the reliability factor afforded him by John and Kay Ford. They, and only they, claim to have met the man. Presumably, they made their own checks to discover that he really is who he say's he is, and worked where he said he worked. Unfortunately, that crucial element, which dictates the integrity of their reported dealings with this gentleman, is markedly absent.

However, Dr. Nick did reveal the location where he and his team had parked and operated the weapons system on the night of September 28. Unknown to him, when LIUFON members had visited the Moriches Bay area for on site investigation, they came across a depressed circle of vegetation measuring some 75' in diameter. They had never disclosed this find to the public.

The location revealed by Dr. Nick and the site discovered by the LIUFON team were one and the same. Either it was an extraordinary coincidence, or Dr. Nick did indeed have first hand knowledge of the incident.

Dr. Nick claimed that on the night of September 28, 1989, he and two other members of his engineering team had been whisked away from his office by two military officers. They had previously been instructed to make themselves available for a possible demonstration test of their device and have a transmitter ready for use. They were driven off in two civilian jeeps to Smith's Point Bridge. They carried on east over the bridge and along an access road to the dune preserve. The time by then was approximately 11:00 p.m. As they passed a field used for parking vehicles, he noticed several large flat bed transport trucks. Passing through the gate to the dune preserve, he was driven to the Camp Ground area. Here, he saw two camouflaged military trucks. One housed communications and the other was a mobile radar tracking vehicle.

A senior military official met the group and instructed them to go immediately to the Doppler Radar site, located on a peninsula that jutted out into Moriches Bay. The antenna was recessed into a sand dune to aid concealment and 2 large Ford vans packed with equipment were alongside. A 400 Hz generator was also present.

As they made their way to the weapon, the group saw helicopters flying around the bay, circling a formation of bright amber lights.

With the transmitter set up and all systems connected, power to the device was switched on between 11:30 - 11:45 p.m. The antenna began to glow a bright blue color.

The team were then instructed to wait until the object came into view. Between midnight and 12:15 a.m., a series of searchlights picked out the craft and its helicopter escort as it made its way along the shoreline. Dr. Nick and his colleagues suddenly saw the object illuminated still further when a series of white lights seemed to appear from its main body. Now brilliantly silhouetted against the night sky some several hundred yards away and low over the bay, an order was given to: Bring it down. Switches were thrown and the object fell instantly into the water, breaking in two on impact. This action produced a tremendous roar and slight swell.

Immediately, military officers close by ordered Dr. Nick and his team to: GHt the hell out there. They were ushered into jeeps and driven back over the bridge. Dr. Nick took a nervous glance back over the bay and saw that the object had sunk. Helicopters and searchlights hovered above the spot.

A few days later, some of his associates who had been tasked with examining the wreckage, told him that alien bodies, an anti matter reactor and advanced electronic equipment had been removed. He was also told that the metal composition of the craft was super strong and incredibly light.

Research groups and investigators often receive numerous calls and correspondence from anonymous sources who claim to have intimate knowledge about a particular UFO incident or experience. The anonymous source can sometimes shed practical light on an event that has significant bearing, but by and large, revelations from people who refuse to disclose their identities to researchers have to be treated with a pinch of salt.

A man claiming to be a retired Air Force officer residing in West Hampton, made two telephone calls to Kay Ford. He said he had served in the Air Guard at West Hampton until his retirement in 1986. He didn't want to reveal his name or precise whereabouts, because it might mean jeopardizing his pension. The man told Kay he had been reading up on the Moriches Bay incident and that she might be interested to listen to what he had to say.

He claimed that in late 1983 or early 1984, another object was recovered by the USAF off Long Island, and that he had actually seen with his own eyes a 20' long and 20' wide boomerang shaped object brought in by helicopter to West Hampton. The object weighed in excess of 5 tons, and when exposed to sunlight, exhibited a fluorescent orange glow. He told Kay that the object was kept under tight security by armed guards for at least a day in an aircraft scramble shelter. No one was allowed to go near or examine the object, but the next day a C-147 arrived at the base and took off with the mystery object for Wright Patterson Air Force Base.

Such revelations do not constitute evidence, but they should not be entirely dismissed out of hand, and for one good reason, something quite unusual, some might say extraordinary, did occur over Moriches Bay on September 28, 1989. What that something was remains a puzzle.

No definitive explanation which could account for the only credible aspect of this affair, the witness testimony of dozens of people, who clearly saw something strange in the skies above their homes that night, has ever been afforded by the authorities.

Will John Ford reveal the identity of Dr. Nick at his subsequent trial and force the issue of harassment? Will the incident at Moriches Bay be mentioned at all? We shall have to wait and see whether those members on the John Ford Defense Committee are ultimately proved correct in presuming that neither Ford nor Mazzuchelli were capable of conspiracy to murder.

It will also be interesting to see how much attention is focused on the trial by America's media circus. Will its famed Court TV series offer a fly on the wall opportunity for millions to follow proceedings, or will armchair viewers have to settle for their usual diet of celebrity and criminal trials?

One thing is for certain, not even Agatha Christie could have dreamed up a crime mystery where the murder weapon turned out to be radium in the toothpaste.

This is in response to the Smithpoint UFO recovery operation.

A co worker of mine on that night was returning from work to his home which is located about a quarter of a mile from the site in which the recovery operation took place. In the late night/early morning hours he and alot of other people were stopped by the police and prevented from getting on the highway that crosses the island from Smith Point to the Long Is. sound. A fairly large convoy of military trucks which were completely covered by tarps was seen going north towards the Brookhaven Lab complex. This was a highly unusual event as they closed the entire length of this highway in order for the convoy to pass by as unobserved as possible. The few drivers who were detained were instructed to not speak of the event.

The trucks appeared to be carrying something very large.

It was revealed by others in the Brookhaven Lab complex that technicians were instructed hours before that they were to deploy a particle emitting device for tests at Smith Point that night. They had no idea why the deployment nor the reason for the tests at this specific site, a public beach. They were instructed to power up and be prepared to fire at a specific time in a specific direction, towards the ocean.

At the moment they were to fire, they observed a large craft in which thier test apparently knocked out of sky. When they inquired as to how they knew exactly when this was to happen they were informed that this particular craft had been making the same rounds at the same time for months and hence the opportunity to test their latest device.

| Home | About Us | Directory of Directories | Recent Additions | Top 10 Pages | Stories |