Kalahari Incident

Kalahari Incident

Date: May 7, 1989

Location: Kalahari Desert - South Africa Near The Border With Botswana

On May 7, 1989 a report of a strange, unknown craft entering South African airspace resulted in Mirage Fighter Jets taking to the skies to intercept. They received orders to engage, which they did, firing at the craft.

It came to a stop in the Kalahari Desert, around 80 miles from the border of South Africa/Botswana. The South African military would be on the scene within minutes. The fighter jet had continued to circle the crash site until they arrived.

The area around the object was evidently so hot that sand and rocks had fused together. Radioactivity was also so high in the crash site, than many of the military's electronic equipment failed to work.

The strange craft was a polished, smooth silver material, seemingly hard, but with no visible seams anywhere. What appeared to be portholes were present on the craft, these were unevenly spaced. Also, what the military assumed was landing gear was visible. This suggested that the craft was attempting to land as opposed to falling from the sky out of control.

The retrieval team would force a hatch open, and two crew members removed from the craft, both still alive. Each dressed in tight fitting grey suit, with an estimated height of around 4' to 5' tall. Their heads were much larger than their bodies, and their eyes were equally out of proportion. The report basically describes what most people would call a grey alien. Under the suits, their abdomens also had a ribbed, scaled appearance.

The craft safely retrieved and on its way to an unknown South African military base, with dirt and sand covering any evidence of the incident. From there, the object went on a one way passage to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in the United States.

As Dodd began to investigate further, utilizing contacts in various places, as well as contacting military bases using secret codes and document names to gain trust as an internal employee, some of the information he revealed was startling. Even more so when separate sources began to corroborate each other.

Reports suggested that the South African government had traded the wreckage for nuclear technology, something international law prevented them owning. It had also been the Americans who had alerted the South Africans to an object entering the Earth's atmosphere that would be in their airspace.

Furthermore, while two of the aliens did indeed make the trip to Wright Patterson in America, a third alien, according to a source in the South African military, would stay at the base in South Africa, and was unknown to the Americans. Many reports state that a facility referred to as Camp 13 is the base in question. Incidentally, Camp 13 apparently resides near the Kalahari Desert. Whether or not the alien is still in South Africa's possession, or is even still alive, remains unknown.

Nor is the fate of the two extra terrestrials that would go to Wright-Patterson. Many whistle blowers and deathbed confessions have claimed that alien bodies are in the U.S. government's possession, many of them deep frozen.

Dodd would eventually meet up with Van Greunen again while speaking at a UFO conference in Germany. It was here, in a small backroom that the truth behind the forged documents came out. Dodd, realizing how secretive the information passed to him was, pressed him in no uncertain terms for the truth.

Van Greunen revealed himself to be an amateur UFO enthusiast. He had come into possession of top secret and authentic documents through a friend in the South African military. This friend happened to be on duty at the undisclosed base. Knowing of his interest in UFOs, his friend had snuck the documents out.

He could see them and spend considerable time reading them, but he could not take them, or make copies. Once he had done so, his friend would sneak the files back onto the military base. The documents Van Gruenen had passed to Dodd were the result of what he had managed to commit to memory. He had tried to make them look official as he realized the importance of the information. He also realized that not many people would believe his report on his word alone.

As Dodd would come to realize over the coming years, the information was certainly authentic. So much so, threats on his own life soon followed his going public with it. Perhaps, however, the more he remained in the spotlight, the more difficult a target he became.

Although he would be safe in the UK due to governments not wanting a political incident, Dodd would receive information by several people close to him that he should be careful when traveling. He should avoid travel to South Africa at all costs, and, due to their military connections, not travel to France. If he did, it was likely, he would be killed.

Dodd also experienced a similar warning in Arizona in the United States in 1991. Again appearing in a speaking capacity at a UFO seminar, Dodd, and his wife, sat with two other UFO researchers enjoying a drink. Out of nowhere, two men in smart suits approached their table. Without them saying anything at all, the two researchers left. All knew why they were here, and who they wanted to speak with.

Again, Dodd would receive warnings to be careful about what he spoke about and what claims he made. Although the conversation progressed with politeness and smiles, they essentially told him, they would kill him if they had to. Dodd even agreed to meet with the two gentlemen the following morning, where again, they repeated their threat. Although Dodd would claim he felt it was also more of a friendly warning than it had been the night before. The intent behind it, however, was no less deadly.

While the incident is brushed off by both South African and American governments, Dodd's own reputation is strong enough that this encounter should be regarded as very much open.

| Home | About Us | Directory of Directories | Recent Additions | Top 10 Pages | Stories |