Alien Implants - Alleged Alien Abductees Have Anomalous Objects Surgically Removed From Their Bodies

Alien Implants - Alleged Alien Abductees Have Anomalous Objects Surgically Removed From Their Bodies

Date: August 19, 1995

Location: California

These names have been altered to protect their identities.

Late in the afternoon Dr. Carl Smith, with the assistance of a general surgeon, took his scalpel and made a ¾" incision down the inner half of the big toe of a patient who was lying on her back.

Patricia Connely, an abductee, was about to undergo an exploratory surgery to remove two anomalous foreign objects which were lodged in her big toe.

Stan Moore was focusing his video camera on the area being incised, thus recording the entire proceedings for posterity. A direct, live video feed was being sent to a 12-inch TV monitor in a room adjacent the operation room where six to seven people, myself included, sat in eerie silence watching the proceedings in living color. I can state, with a degree of certainty, that none of us had ever witnessed an event quite like this.

Using hypnosis, Mrs. Connely had been rendered partially unconscious by Mr. Derrel Sims a certified hypno-anesthesia therapist. Then, Dr. Smith injected a massive dose of local anesthesia into the toe to assure the patient would feel no pain.

Working from three x-rays, which had clearly shown the location of the anomalous foreign objects, the two doctors cut, probed and dissected the tissue until the first object was felt by Dr. Smith holding a narrow forceps.

As the object was removed from the incision, the patient reacted by verbally uttering an exclamation. It was later learned the object was directly connected to a nerve, thus causing the patient pain when the object was severed from the connection tissue.

The first object extracted was a small, triangular object, measuring about 1½ cm. on each side.

Because the object appeared opaque in the x-rays, it was assumed to be of a substance other than bone. The object was photographed in extreme close-up by Mr. Mooreís video camera, plus a series of still pictures were also taken to record minute details of the object.

The specimen was transferred to a receptacle containing the patientís own blood serum where it was appropriately labeled.

In order to remove the second object, a new incision was made on the opposite half of the same toe. The doctors spent considerable time probing in an attempt to pinpoint the second object.

When extracted, it was smaller than the first object, but appeared, at least to the naked eye, to be of the same material.

Once it was photographed and deposited in the sterile receptacle, the patientís incisions were stitched up, and her foot bathed in an antiseptic solution which turned her skin purple. The foot was securely wrapped in a protective bandage.

When Mrs. Connely was awakened, she reported feeling no pain whatsoever from the surgery. As she walked gingerly from the room, a call was made to summon a second patient, Mr. Pat Patillo.

Using the same techniques, the doctors operated on the left hand of Mr. Patillo and eventually extracted a seed like foreign object.

Like the others, it was small, measuring about 4 mm x 2 mm.

The only verbal utterance from Mr. Patillo came when the object was excised from the tissue which later was determined to have been attached to a nerve. The object and some connecting tissue were duly preserved in the same type of sterile receptacles.

Mr. Patilloís hand was stitched up, swabbed in an antiseptic solution, then securely bandaged. Mr. Patillo reported feeling no pain.

The specimens were given to Derrel Sims who, upon his return to Texas, will hand deliver them to the University of Houston for analysis using an electron microscope, plus a spectroscope for quantitative analysis.

Then the specimens will be x-rayed and ultimately sent to Dr. Bryant* at M.I.T.for a complete analysis. The final results from testing of the objects may not be available for several weeks. Dr. Smith will be in contact with Mr. Sims who will forward the results of the tests. The videotape, which was given to Mr. Sims, will be professionally edited and titled, then a copy returned to Dr. Smith.

Mr. Sims is Chief of Abduction Investigations and Director of Physical Investigations for the Houston UFO Network. He has 25 years experience investigating abductee experiences and is himself, an abductee. He provides investigations and hypnotherapy at no charge to anyone involved in the abduction phenomenon. He has lectured extensively and recently spoke to 250 doctors at a major hospital regarding medical implications of the phenomenon.

These extraordinary surgeries were the final result of a casual conversation between Dr. Smith and Derrel Sims. They first met at the UFO Expo West conference June 1995. During the course of their conversation, Mr. Sims told Dr. Smith that he was aware of two Houston residents who had implants of foreign objects in their hands and feet.

After Dr. Smith viewed the x-rays of the two individuals, which confirmed the statements of Mr. Sims, he volunteered to perform the necessary surgery for removal of the objects. The two individuals readily agreed to the operation, but lacked the funds for the round trip from Houston to Los Angeles. Mr. Sims located a pilot who, upon hearing the details of the proposed surgery, immediately offered to pay for two round trip air tickets. Saturday, August 19th was agreed upon as the date for the surgeries.

Both Mrs. Connely and Mr. Patillo had previously approached Mr. Sims to discuss their experiences with extra terrestrial phenomenon. Mrs. Connely was abducted approximately 27 years ago, but only recently became aware of the foreign anomalous objects in her foot. Mr. Patillo, at the age of 6, walked out of his house in a field, and saw a UFO, a round object, the size of a basketball approached him.

As he turned to move away from it, the object exploded and embedded a piece of metal into his left hand. Patricia Connely and Pat Patillo had no prior surgeries in the area where the objects were removed. Until the x-rays revealed the location of the foreign objects, neither individual was aware of their existence

Because of space limitations, Dr. Smith was only able to invite a select few too observe the operations. The nurse on duty assisting the two doctors was Lori Moline. She performed her duties with precision and considerable patience given the inconvenience of working in a small operating room that barely accommodated Cindy Miller, Ph.D., and Angie Watts who observed. Stan Moore, operating the video camera. Derrel Sims, assisting with hypnotic anesthesia. the two doctors, plus the patient.

Observing the proceeding via monitor were:

Debra Cox, Section Director, MUFON

Sandy White, a member of the LA MUFON group

Josh Hailey

Ann Haile

and myself, all members of Ventura County MUFON.

Office manager Misty Drew was present to coordinate the proceedings and take the patientís histories.

In conclusion, there are two significant questions that remain unanswered:

What are the objects made of? Hopefully, we will learn the answer within a matter of weeks. I expect to write a report summarizing the results of the implant testing and analysis.

How did the implants become embedded in the hands and feet of these two individuals? The answer to that question may never be known. We may each draw our own conclusions.

| Home | About Us | Directory of Directories | Recent Additions | Top 10 Pages | Stories |