Dulce Base - Part 2

Dulce Base - Part 2
Click For More Dulce Base Pictures

In response to the Roswell incident, MJ-12, the MJ stands for: Majestic, as set up by executive order of President Harry Truman on September 24, 1947. MJ-12 operates as a policy making body. Project Aquarius is an umbrella group in which all the various compartments dealing with ET related issues perform their various functions. Project Sigma conducts electronic communication with the extraterrestrials, part of an ongoing contact project run through the NSA, National Security Agency, since 1964, following a landing at Holloman AFB in late April of that year.

Nine extraterrestrial races are visiting the earth. One of these races, little gray-skinned people from the third planet surrounding Zeta Reticuli, have been here for 25,000 years and influenced the direction of human evolution. They also help in the shaping of our religious beliefs. Some important individuals within the cover-up want it to end and are preparing the American people for the reality of the alien presence through the vehicle of popular entertainment, including the films Close Encounters of the Third Kind, whose climax is a thinly disguised version of the Holloman landing, and ET, and The Day The Earth Stood Still.

At CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, there is a thick book called The Bible, a compilation of all the various project reports.

According to his own account, which he would not relate until 1989, Moore cooperated with his AFOSI, United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations sources, including, prominently, Richard Doty, and provided them with information. They informed him that there was considerable interest in Bennewitz. Moore was made to understand that as his part of the bargain he was to spy on Bennewitz and also on APRO, Aerial Phenomena Research Organization, as well as, in Moore's words: To a lesser extent, several other individuals. He learned that several government agencies were interested in Bennewitz's activities and they wanted to inundate him with false information/disinformation, in intelligence parlance, to confuse him. Moore says he was not one of those providing the disinformation, but he knew some of those of who were, such as Doty.

Bennewitz on his own had already begun to devise a paranoid interpretation of what he thought he was seeing and hearing, and the disinformation passed on to him built on that foundation. His sources told him that the U.S. government and malevolent aliens are in an uneasy alliance to control the planet, that the aliens are killing and mutilating not only cattle but human beings, whose organs they need to lengthen their lives, and that they are even eating human flesh. In underground bases at government installations in Nevada and New Mexico human and alien scientists work together on ghastly experiments, including the creation of soulless androids out of human and animal body parts. Aliens are abducting as many as one American in 40 and implanting devices which control human behavior. ClA brainwashing and other control techniques are doing the same, turning life on Earth into a nightmare of violence and irrationality. It was, as Moore remarks: The wildest science fiction scenario anyone could possibly imagine.

But Bennewitz believed it. He grew ever more obsessed and tried to alert prominent persons to the imminent threat, showing photographs which he held showed human alien activity in the Kirtland area but which dispassionate observers thought depicted natural rock formations and other mundane phenomena. Eventually Bennewitz was hospitalized, but on his release resumed his activities, which continue to this day. Soon the ghoulish scenario would spread into the larger UFO community and beyond, and command a small but committed band of believers. But that would not happen until the late 1980s and it would not be Bennewitz who would be responsible for it.

In 1981 the Lorenzens received an anonymous letter from someone identifying himself as a: USAF Airman assigned to the 1550th Aircrew Training and Testing Wing at Kirtland AFB. The airman said: On July 16, 1980, at between 10:30 - 10:45 a.m.., Craig R. Weitzel, a Civil Air Patrol Cadet from Dobbins AFB, GA, visiting Kirtland AFB, NM, observed a dull metallic colored UFO flying from South to North near Pecos NM. Pecos has a secret training site for the 1550th Aircrew Training and Testing Wing, Kirtland AFB, NM. Weitzel was with ten other individuals, including USAF active duty airmen, and all witnessed the sighting. Weitzel took some pictures of the object. Weitzel went closer to the UFO and observed the UFO land in a clearing approximately 750' NNW of the training area. Weitzel observed an individual dressed in a metallic suit depart the craft and walk a few feet away. The individual was outside the craft for just a few minutes. When the individual returned the craft took off towards the NW. The letter writer said he had been with Weitzel when the UFO flew overhead, but he had not been with him to observe the landing.

The letter went on to say that late on the evening of the next day a tall, dark-featured, black-suited man wearing sunglasses called on Weitzel at Kirtland. The stranger claimed to be Mr. Huck, from Sandia Laboratories, a classified Department of Energy contractor on the base. Mr. Huck told Weitzel he had seen something he should not have seen, a secret aircraft from Los Alamos, and he demanded all of the photographs. Weitzel replied that he hadn't taken any, that the photographer was an airman whose name he did not know. Mr. Huck warned Weitzel not to mention the sighting to anyone or Weitzel would be in serious trouble, the writer went on. After Mr. Huck left Weitzels room, Weitzel wondered how Mr. Huck knew of the sighting because Weitzel didn't report the sighting to anyone. Weitzel became scared after thinking of the threat Mr. Huck made. Weitzel called the Kirtland AFB Security Police and reported the incident to them. They referred the incident to AFOSI, which investigates these matters according to the security police. A Mr. Dody, a special agent with OSI, spoke with Weitzel and took a report. Mr. Dody also obtained all the photographs of the UFO. Dody told Weitzel he would look into the matter. That was the last anyone heard of the incident.

But that was not all the correspondent had to say. He added: I have every reason to beleive the USAF is covering up something. I spent a lot of time looking into this matter and I know there is more to it than the USAF will say. I have heard rumors, but serious rumors here at Kirtland that the USAF has a crashed UFO stored in the Manzano Storage area, which is located in a remote area of Kirtland AFB. This area is heavily guarded by USAF Security. I have spoke with two employees of Sandia Laboratories, who also store classified objects in Manzano, and they told me that Sandia has examined several UFOs during the last 20 years. One that crashed near Roswell NM in the late 40s was examined by Sandia scientists. That craft is still being stored in Manzano.

I have reason to beleive OSI is conducting a very secret investigation into UFO sightings. OSI took over when Project Blue Book was closed. I was told this by my commander, Col Bruce Purvine. Col Purvine also told me that the investigation was so secret that most employees of OSI doesn't even know it. But Col Purvine told me that Kirtland AFB, AFOSI District 17 has a special secret detachment that investigates sightings around this area. They have also investigated the cattle mutilations in New Mexico.

In 1985 investigator Benton Jamison located Craig Weitzel, who confirmed that he had indeed seen a UFO in 1980 and reported it to Sgt. Doty. But his sighting, while interesting, was rather less dramatic than the CE3 reported in the letter, Weitzel saw a silver colored object some 10,000' to 15,000' overhead. After maneuvering for a few minutes, he told Jamison: it accelerated like you never saw anything accelerate before. He also said he knew nothing of a meeting with anyone identified as Mr. Huck.

In December 1982, in response to a Freedom of Information request from Barry Greenwood of Citizens Against UFO Secrecy, CAUS, Air Force Office of Special Investigations released a two page OSI Complaint Form stamped For Official Use Only. Dated September 8, 1980, it was titled: Kirtland AFB, NM, 8 Aug - 3 Sept 80, Alleged Sightings of Unidentified Aerial Lights in Restricted Test Range. The document described several sightings of UFOs in the Manzano Weapons Storage Area, at the Coyote Canyon section of the Department of Defense Restricted Test Range. One of the reports cited was a New Mexico State Patrolman's August 10 observation of a UFO landing. A later check with state police sources by Larry Fawcett, a Connecticut police officer and UFO investigator, uncovered no record of such a report. The sources asserted that the absence of a report could only mean that no such incident had ever happened. This intriguing document is signed by then OSI Special Agent Richard C. Doty.

In 1987, after comparing three documents, the anonymous letter to APRO, the September 8, 1980, AFOSI Complaint Form, and a purported AFOSI document dated August 14, 1980, and claiming frequency jamming by UFOs in the Kirtland area, researcher Brad Sparks concluded that Doty had written all three. In 1989 Moore confirmed that Doty had written the letter to APRO. Essentially it was bait, he says. AFOSI knew that Bennewitz had close ties with APRO at the time, and they were interested in recruiting someone within APRO, who would be in a position to provide them with feedback on Bennewitzs activities and communications. Since I was the APRO Board member in charge of Special Investigations in 1980, the Weitzel letter was passed to me for action shortly after it had been received. According to Bruce Maccabee, Doty admitted privately that he had written the Ellsworth AFB document, basing it on a real incident which he wanted to bring to public attention. Doty has made no public comment on any of these allegations. Moore says Doty was almost certainly a part of the Ellsworth report, but not in a capacity where he would have been responsible for creating the documents involved.

Doty was also the source of an alleged AFOSI communication dated November 17,1980, and destined to become known as the Aquarius document. Allegedly sent from AFOSI headquarters at Bolling AFB in Washington, D.C., to the AFOSI District 17 office at Kirtland, it mentions, in brief and cryptic form, analyses of negatives from a UFO film apparently taken the previous month.

The version that circulated through the UFO community states in its penultimate paragraph: USAF no longer publicly active in UFO research,

In 1957 the Jason group met again, by order of Eisenhower, to decide what to do. It came up with three alternatives:

l. Use nuclear bombs to blow holes in the stratosphere so that pollution could escape into space.

2. Build a huge network of tunnels under the earth and save enough human beings of varying cultures, occupations and talents so that the race could reemerge after the nuclear and environmental catastrophes to come. Everybody else, i.e., the rest of humanity, would be left on the surface presumably to die.

3. Employ alien and terrestrial technology to leave earth and colonize the moon, code name Adam, and Mars/Eve. The first alternative was deemed impractical, so the Americans and the Soviets started working on the other two. Meanwhile they decided that the population would have to be controlled, which could be done most easily by killing off as many undesirables as possible. Thus AIDS and other deadly diseases were introduced into the population. Another idea to raise needed funds was quickly acted on: sell drugs on a massive scale.

An ambitious young member of the Council on Foreign Relations, a Texas oil company president named George Bush, was put in charge of the project, with the aid of the CIA. The plan worked better than anyone had thought,

William Cooper said: The CIA now controls all the worlds illegal drug markets.

Unknown to just about everybody, a secret American/Soviet/alien space base existed on the dark side of the moon. By the early 1960s human colonies were thriving on the surface of Mars. All the while the naive people of the earth were led to believe the Soviets and the Americans were something other than the closest allies. But Cooper's story got even more bizarre and byzantine.

He claimed that in 1963, when President Kennedy found out some of what was going on, he gave an ultimatum to MJ-12: get out of the drug business. He also declared that in 1964 he would tell the American people about the alien visitation. Agents of MJ-12 ordered his assassination. Kennedy was murdered in full view of many hundreds of onlookers, none of whom apparently noticed, by the Secret Service agent driving the President's car in the motorcade.

In 1969, reported Cooper, a confrontation between human scientists and aliens at the Dulce laboratory resulted in the former's being taken hostage by the latter. Soldiers who tried to free the scientists were killed, unable to overcome the superior alien weapons. The incident led to a two year rupture in relations. The alliance was resumed in 1971 and continues to this day, even as a vast invisible financial empire run by the CIA, the NSA and the Council on Foreign Relations runs drugs, launders money and encourages massive street crime so that Americans will be susceptible to gun control legislation. The CIA has gone so far as to employ drugs and hypnosis to cause mentally unstable individuals to commit mass murder of schoolchildren and other innocents, the point being to encourage anti gun hysteria. All of this is part of the plot, aided and abetted by the mass media, also under the secret government's control, to so scare Americans that they will soon accept the declaration of martial law when that happens, people will be rounded up and put in concentration camps already in place. From there they will be flown to the moon and Mars to work as slave labor in the space colonies.

The conspirators already run the world. As Cooper put it: Even a cursory investigation by the most inexperienced researcher will show that the members of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral commission control the major foundations, all of the major media and publishing interests, the largest banks, all the major corporations, the upper echelons of the government, and many other vital interests.

Reaction to Lear and Cooper: Whereas Lear had felt some obligation to name a source or two, or at least to mutter something about unnamed sources, Cooper told his lurid and outlandish tale as if it were so self evidently true that sources or supporting data were irrelevant. And to the enthusiastic audiences flocking to Cooper's lectures, no evidence was necessary. By the fall of the year Cooper was telling his stories, whose sources were, in fact, flying saucer folklore, AFOSI disinformation unleashed during the Bennewitz episode, conspiracy literature, and outright fiction, to large crowds of Californians willing to pay $l0 or $15 apiece for the thrill of being scared silly.

Lear and Cooper soon were joined by two other tellers of tales of UFO horrors and Trilateral conspiracies, William English and John Grace, who goes under the pseudonym Val Valarian, and heads the Nevada Aerial Research Group in Las Vegas.

Few if any mainstream ufologists took these stories seriously and at first treated them as something of a bad joke. But when it became clear that Lear, Cooper and company were commanding significant media attention and finding a following among the larger public interested in ufology's fringes, where a claim's inherent improbability had never been seen as an obstacle to believe in it, the leaders of the UFO community grew ever more alarmed.

One leader who was not immediately alarmed was Walter H. Andrus, Jr., director of the Mutual UFO Network, MUFON, one of the two largest UFO organizations in the United States, the other being the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies, CUFOS. In 1987, before Lear had proposed what some wags would call the Dark Side Hypothesis, he had offered to host the 1989 MUFON conference in Las Vegas. Andrus agreed. But as Lear's true beliefs became known, leading figures within MUFON expressed concern about Lear's role in the conference. When Andrus failed to respond quickly, MUFON officials were infuriated.

Facing a possible palace revolt, Andrus informed Lear that Cooper, whom Lear had invited to speak at the conference, was not an acceptable choice. But to the critics on the MUFON board and elsewhere in the organization, this was hardly enough. One of them, longtime ufologist Richard Hall, said this was like putting a band aid on a hemorrhage. In a heated telephone exchange Andrus called Hall's objections to Lear just one man's opinion" and claimed support, which turned out not to exist, from other MUFON notables. In a widely distributed open letter to Andrus,

Hall wrote: Having Lear run the symposium and be a major speaker at it is comparable to NICAP in the 1960's having George Adamski run a NICAP conference. NICAP, the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena, of which Hall was executive secretary in the late 1950s and much of the 1960s, was a conservative UFO research organization which attacked as fraudulent the claims of Adamski, who wrote books about his meetings with Venusians and distributed photographs of what he said were their spaceships.

Hall continued: You seem to be going for the colorful and the spectacular rather than for the critical minded approach of science, you even expressed the view, in effect, that having a panel to question Lear critically would be good show biz and the highlight of the symposium. Maybe so, but it obviously would dominate the entire program, grab off all major news media attention, and put UFO research in the worst possible light.

Hall declared: I am hereby resigning from the MUFON Board and I request that my name be removed from all MUFON publications or papers that indicate me to be a Board Member.

Fearing more resignations, Andrus moved to make Lear barely more than a guest at his own conference. He was not to lecture there, as previously planned, and hosting duties would be handled, for the most part, by others. Lear ended up arranging an alternative conference, at which he, Cooper, English and Don Ecker presented the latest elaborations on the Dark Side Hypothesis. Meanwhile another storm was brewing. On March 1, 1989, an Albuquerque ufologist, Robert Hastings, issued a 13 page statement, with 37 pages of appended documents, and mailed it to many of ufology's most prominent individuals.

Hastings opened with these remarks:

First, it has been established that Falcon, one of the principle sources of the MJ-12 material, is Richard C. Doty, formerly attached to District 17 Air Force Office of Special Investigations, AFOSI, at Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sgt. Doty retired from the U.S.A.F. on October 1, 1988.

How do I know that Doty is Falcon? During a recent telephone conversation, Linda Moulton Howe told me that when Sgt. Doty invited her to his office at Kirtland AFB in early April 1983, and showed her a purportedly authentic U.S. government document on UFOs, he identified himself as code name Falcon and stated that it was Bill Moore who had given him that name.

Also, in early December 1988, a ranking member of the production team responsible for the: UFO Cover Up? Live television documentary confirmed that Doty is Falcon. This same individual also identified the second MJ-12 source who appeared on the program, Condor as Robert Collins who was, until recently, a Captain in the U.S.A.F. Like Doty, he was stationed at KAFB when he left the service late last year. Collins, a scientist, was assigned to the plasma physics group at Sandia National Laboratories on the Kirtland Air Force Base. Following his retirement he moved to Indiana and remains actively interested in UFOs.

1. Len Stringfield, a ufologist known for his interest in crashed disk stories, in 1980 he had been set up by a counterintelligence operative who gave him phony pictures of what purported to be humanoids in cold storage.

2. The late Pete Mazzola, whose knowledge of film footage from a never publicized Florida UFO case was of great interest to counterintelligence types. Moore was directed to urge Mazzola to send the footage to ufologist Kal Korff, who knew nothing of the scheme, for analysis, then Moore would make a copy and pass it on to Doty. But Mazzola never got the film, despite promises, and the incident came to nothing. I was left with the impression, Moore wrote, that the file had been intercepted and the witnesses somehow persuaded to cease communication with Mazzola.

3. Peter Gersten, legal counsel for Citizens Against UFO Secrecy, CAUS, who had spearheaded a largely unsuccessful, legal suit against the NSA seeking UFO information.

4. Larry Fawcett, an official of CAUS and coauthor of a book on the cover up.

5. James and Coral Lorenzen, the directors of the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization, APRO periodically subjects of on again, off again interest, mostly passive monitoring rather than active meddling, according to Moore. Between 1980 and 1982 APRO employed a cooperative secretary who passed on confidential material to counterintelligence personnel.

6. Larry W. Bryant, who was battling without success in the courts to have UFO secrets revealed. Moore said: His name came up often in discussions but I never had any direct involvement in whatever activities revolved around him.

These revelations sent shock waves through the UFO community. In September CAUS devoted virtually all of an issue of its magazine Just Cause to a harshly critical review of Moore's activities. Barry Greenwood declared that the outrageousness of Moore's conduct cannot be described. Moore, one of the major critics of government secrecy on UFOs, had covertly informed on people who thought he was their friend and colleague. Knowing full well that the government people with whom he was dealing were active disinformants, Moore pursued a relationship with them and observed the deterioration of Paul Bennewitz's physical and mental health. Moore reported the effects of the false information regularly to some of the very same people who were doing it to Paul. And Moore boasted in his speech as to how effective it was. Greenwood complained further about Moore's admission that on the disastrous Cover up. Live show Falcon and Condor had said things that they knew were untrue. In the rare situation where two hours of prime time television are given over to a favorable presentation of UFOs, here we have a fair portion of the last hour wasted in presenting what Moore admits to be false data. Yet he saw fit to go ahead and carry on a charade, making UFO research look ridiculous in the process. Remarks by Falcon and Condor about the aliens lifestyle and preference for Tibetan music and strawberry ice cream were laughable. So far as Greenwood and CAUS, skeptical of the MJ-12 briefing document from the first, were concerned, July 1, 1989, may well be remembered in the history of UFO research as the day when the Majestic 12 story came crashing to Earth in a heap of rubble. Cause of death: Suicide.

Nonetheless it seemed unlikely that MJ-12, EBEs, and other cover up matters would pass away soon. The Dark Siders appeared well on their way to starting a new occult movement in America and elsewhere. Among movie conservative ufologists many legitimate questions about conceivably more substantive matters remained to be answered. A reinvestigation of the Roswell incident by Don Schmitt and Kevin D. Randle of CUFOS produced what appeared to be solid new evidence of a UFO crash and cover up. The emergence of Robert Lazar, who even a mainstream journalist such as television reporter George Knapp concluded is telling the truth as he knows it possibly suggested a degree of substance to recurrent rumors about developments in Area 51 and S4. Even Moore's critics were puzzled by the extraordinary interest of intelligence operatives in ufologists and the UFO phenomenon, going back in time long before Bennewitz's interception of low frequency signals at Kirtland and ahead to the present. Why go to all this trouble and expense, with so many persons over such a period of time, if there are no real UFO secrets to protect?

Moore says he is still working with the birds, who are as active as ever. The birds tell him, he says, that disinformation is used not only against ufologists but even against those insiders like themselves who are privy to the cover up. Those in charge are going to great lengths to mislead their own people. At one point the birds were told that there is no substance to abduction reports, only to learn later, by accident, that a major high level study had been done. Even people with a need to know didn't know about it, he says. The abduction mess caused a lot of trouble. There may have been an official admission of the cover up by now if the abductions had not come into prominence in the 1980s.

As for the stories of ongoing contact between the U.S. government and extraterrestrial biological entities, he says there is, in his observation, a pretty good possibility, better than three to one, that such a thing is happening. But I don't think we can communicate with them. Perhaps we only intercept their communications. Or maybe they communicate with us.

He thinks he has found MJ-12. It's not in a place anybody looked, he says. Not an agency one would have expected. But when you think about it, it fits there.

Doty, now a New Mexico State Police officer, was decertified as an AFOSI agent on July 15, 1986, for misconduct related to an incident, not concerned with UFOs, that occurred while he was stationed in West Germany. In August Doty requested a discharge from the Air Force and was sent to New Jersey to be separated from the service. But then, Doty says, the Senior Enlisted Advisor for AFOSI made a trip to the Military Personnel Center at Randolph AFB, Texas, and asked that Doty be reassigned to Kirtland, where his son lived. In September Col. Richard Law, Commander of AFOSI District 70, rescinded Doty's decertification and assigned him to Kirtland as a services career specialist, an Air Force recruiter. When he left the Air Force in October 1988, he was superintendent of the 1606 Services Squadron. Doty remains close to Moore and uncommunicative with nearly everyone else. All he will say is that one day a book will tell his side of the story and back it up with Official Government Documents.

Return To Dulce Base - Part 1
Return To Dulce Base - Part 3

| Home | About Us | Directory of Directories | Recent Additions | Top 10 Pages | Stories |