Close Encounter Of Cussac

Close Encounter Of Cussac
Click For More Close Encounter Of Cussac Photographs

Date: August 29, 1967

Location: Cussac, Haute-Vienne, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France

At 8:00 a.m., 13 year old François, his sister Anne-Marie, 9, and their dog Médor left their commune of Cussac, Cantal, to lead 10 cows approximately ½ mile to the west of the village. The sky was clear but it was a little cold 57°, and a light breeze blew in from the West. There was fog in two valleys 6 miles from Cussac. While supervising the herd, they played cards until 10:30 a.m., when their cows tried to cross a low wall that separated them from a neighbors grazing ground. François rose to order his dog to call them back. In doing this, François noticed 4 small beings across the road, behind a hedge, approximately 250' from him. He initially thought that they were children. François climbed some stones in order to observe them better and found them very strange. They were made of a silky black, without any distinctive faces or clothing. Their sizes varied between 3' to 4' tall, with two of the beings smaller than the others. All had long, fine limbs and normally proportioned heads, although their craniums and chins seemed more accentuated than humans and they seemed to have beards.

Anne Marie, still believed that these beings were children, called out, Do you all want to come play with us? In response, all four beings dove behind a hedge. At this point, the children climbed on top of a small wall and were able to observe an extremely brilliant sphere behind the black children, which was about 15' in diameter, although Anne-Marie would later estimate this distance as 7'. The sphere sparked so much that it was painful to look at.

As François & Anne-Marie watched, one of the black children was lowered from the sphere and seemed to begin work on something on the ground. They saw 2 others in profile, and the fourth, who was the biggest of the group, holding a rectangular, mirror-like object reflecting the sun and agitating its hands as if it were making signs with its companions. 3 of the children then flew away at the vertical and plunged, head first, into the top of the sphere. The 4th followed suit but, before plunging into the sphere, returned to the ground, seemingly to collect something, its mirror, according to François. The sphere then began to rise in a circular motion, and again the 4th being flew away from the spaceship before catching up again about 50' in the air. At this point the children noticed that the being had webbed feet. Anne-Marie also noticed that the being had a pointed nose.

The sphere continued to ascend in circles, giving off more and more light. Then, the noise which had accompanied the takeoff of the sphere disappeared, and the craft moved away very quickly towards the North-West. At the same time, the children noticed a sulfurous odor. Soon, both the cows that the children were tending to and those in the neighboring field had become agitated and gathered closely together. The dog barked after the object and seemed to want to follow it. François and Anne-Marie did not see the object disappearing, because they were obliged to look after the cows, which had become more and more agitated. Their observation lasted around thirty seconds, after which point the children hurried to bring the cows back to their farm.

After the childrens father, who was also the mayor of Cussac, saw Médor the dog arrive followed by his shocked children, he decided to call the police of Saint Flour, a town 12 miles from Cussac. The mayor knew these policemen well, as they handled all road accidents around the commune. The police arrived at 4:00 p.m. They noticed the sulfurous odor that the children had described as well as a slightly yellowed grass trace 15', behind the hedge which would begin to disappear after the first day. They collected testimonies, and informed their superiors by radio. The children remained shocked following the incident, and Anne-Marie did not manage to sleep during the two days that followed. François cried during the 15 minutes that followed the appearance and every morning when waking up for several days.

| Home | About Us | Directory of Directories | Recent Additions | Top 10 Pages | Stories |